The Korea Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the "Foundation") provides the content for the programs and activities on the Foundation‘s Web site (http://www.kf.or.kr, hereinafter referred to as the "Site") subject to the following terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms").
(a) The Site is designed by the Foundation for the purpose of providing users with access to information on the programs and activities of the Foundation.
(b) A User is an individual who accesses and utilizes the Site resources according to the Terms.
(c) A Member is a User approved by the Foundation who has submitted User information under the registration procedures.
(d) "E-mail Address" is used to identify the User as an approved Member who can utilize the members-only services.
(e) "Password" is a combination of letters and numbers that is necessary to identify and confirm the User as an approved Member and to protect the User's personal information.
(a) The Terms will be effective from the time they are posted on the Site.
(b) The Foundation provides the Site resources to the Users who accept these Terms. By accessing the Site, Users agree to be bound and to abide by these Terms.
(c) The Foundation reserves the right to revise the Terms at any time and Users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to the Terms.
(d) A User shall discontinue access to the Site if the Terms are not acceptable. If a User continues to access the Site, the User shall be regarded agreeing to the Terms and any changes.
3. Obligations of the Foundation
(a) The Foundation shall not distribute or reveal any User's personal information without proper consent.
(b) The Foundation shall implement appropriate technical and administrative measures to protect User information and provide secure Internet services.
(c) The Foundation shall not implement any actions not authorized by the Terms and the applicable laws and regulations.
(d) The Foundation shall not send any commercial e-mail without proper consent.
4. Obligations of Users
(a) Users shall observe the Terms and applicable laws and regulations.
(b) Users agree to not
(1) Submit any false information when registering or changing User information.
(2) Access the Site with another User's E-mail address or password.
(3) Change or delete any Site content.
(4) Intentionally interfere with the Foundation's Site and services.
(5) Infringe upon the Foundation's and/or any third party's copyright and/or intellectual property rights.
(6) Infringe upon the Foundation's and/or any third party's reputation and/or interfere with the services of the Foundation or a third party
(7) Use the Site for commercial gain or profit.
(8) Post any inappropriate messages or audio-visual images containing obscene or violent contents
(9) Use the site to plan or undertake actions to harm national and public interests
(10) Undertake any criminal actions
(11) Violate any other terms or applicable law and regulations
a) Any User who wishes to be a Member of the Site shall agree to the Terms and apply for membership by submitting User information under the Site's registration procedures.
(b) The Foundation will accept Users who have completed the registration as a Member except for the following cases:
(1) If a User registers under someone else's name or E-mail address.
(2) If a User enters any false information on the application for registration.
6. Opt-out and Disqualification
(a) A Member can terminate his/her membership at any time. Any Member who wishes to withdraw should go to the "Modify" section on the top of the Site and terminate the account.
(b) The Foundation may restrict, suspend, or terminate membership of the Members of the following cases without any prior notice.
(1) If a User submit any false information when registering or changing User information.
(2) If a User holds dual accounts with different email addresses
(3) If a User accesses the Site with another User's E-mail address or password.
(4) If a User changes or delete any Site content.
(5) If a User intentionally interferes with the Foundation's Site and services.
(6) If a User infringes upon the Foundation's and/or any third party's copyright and/or intellectual property rights.
(7) If a User infringes upon the Foundation's and/or any third party's reputation and/or interferes with the services of the Foundation or a third party
(8) If a User uses the Site for commercial gain or profit.
(9) If a User posts any inappropriate messages or audio-visual images containing obscene or violent contents
(10) If a User uses the site to plan or undertake actions to harm national and public interests
(11) If the User undertakes any criminal actions
(12) If the User violates any other terms or applicable law and regulations
7. Obligations Regarding Email Addresses and Passwords of Members
(a) Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their email addresses and passwords.
(b) Members shall not allow a third person to use their email addresses or passwords.
(c) If a member's email address or password has been used unlawfully, he/she must report to the Foundation and follow the instructions given by the Foundation.
(a) The Foundation collects and maintains minimum personal information necessary to provide services to Users.
(b) We ask for the consent in advance when collecting personally identifiable information from the Users.
(c) User personal information is protected by these Terms and shall be used for only the following purposes:
(1) Statistical analysis to enhance and complement the services
(2) Enable the better communication with Users
(d) The Foundation shall not provide User information to a third party without the proper consent from the User EXCEPT for the following:
(1) Statistics analysis or summary of usage trends in an anonymous format without identifying individual Users.
(2) Inevitable circumstances by law such as criminal investigation
9. User Postings
(a) Users may upload to or otherwise distribute on the Site only content which is not subject to any copyright or other proprietary rights protection, or content in which the author has granted express authorization for distribution on the World Wide Web.
(b) By submitting content to any area of the Site, the User automatically grants or warrants that the owner of such content has expressly granted to the Foundation a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, sublicense, copy, and distribute the content in whole or in part worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist for such content. The User also permits any other User to access, store, or reproduce the content for personal use. Subject to this authorization, the owner of content placed on the Site shall retain any and all rights which may exist for such content.
(c) Users will be liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights or proprietary rights, or for any other harm arising from such submission. The Foundation is not liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights or proprietary rights, or for any other harm arising from such User submission.
(d) The Foundation will delete any content that is posted or submitted under the following grounds:
(1) Inappropriate in nature.
(2) Violation of the Foundation's and/or third-party's copyrights and proprietary rights.
(3) Violation of any Terms or any applicable laws and regulations.
(a) All content and functionality on the Site is the exclusive property of the Foundation and is protected by Korean and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
(b) A User is not permitted to use any Site content for commercial purposes by means of duplication, transmission, circulation, broadcast, or publication. Uses related to personal and/or educational purposes are allowed.
(a) The Foundation cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the Site. The Foundation will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential losses or damages arising out of or in connection with the delay or inability to use the Site, that results from unavoidable circumstances including without limitation regular maintenance, repair, or replacement of the equipment; Internet service provider's service disruption; any force majeure event.
(b) The Foundation will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site. The Foundation may make improvements or changes to the Site at any time.
(c) The Foundation is not responsible for any delay or inability to access the Site, or any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential losses or damages, arising out of or in connection with any conduct of Users.
(d) The Foundation has no responsibility to intervene in a dispute between Users or between a User and a third party, arising out of or in connection with the Site.
12. Third-party Web Sites
(a) The Foundation may provide links to third-party Web sites on the Site. We have no responsibility for the content and/or privacy practices of such third-party Web sites.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
(a) The Terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea, without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof.
(b) Any action to enforce this agreement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Seoul District Court.
1. Date of Enforcement
The terms will go into effect on October 1, 2004